Mobile usage is skyrocketing, making it a more potent tool for marketers to engage with customers all over the world. According to statistics, the use of professional text messages is predicted to increase by 2025. Even though there has been little in-depth research on text messaging statistics in the past, fresh reports are beginning to shed light on the opportunities and help us appreciate the scale and potential impact for organisations.
SMS is the greatest solution if you want your message to reach your clients quickly. According to statistics, more than half of marketers and business owners trust SMS marketing.
SMS Marketing Statistics Around The Globe That Will Amaze You
These text messaging statistics will give you how many people use mobile phones these days.
- Worldwide, 1.5 billion people send and receive SMS messages. This equates to around 62 per cent of the world’s population.
- Text messages are used by 2. 292 million people in North America, accounting for 80 per cent of the total population.
- Russia has the most, which is 79 percent of the population sending and receiving text messages.
- China and India have the most people who send text messages, with 1,020 million people in China and 800 million in India.
- In 2017, the mobile sector generated $1.05 trillion in revenue. This is an annual increase of 1.64 per cent.
- 4.3 billion people use their mobile phones to access the internet. By 2025, it’s expected that 72.6 percent of internet users will access the internet through their phones.
- Smartphones are widely used nowadays, with 57 percent of mobile users owning one. Smartphone ownership is anticipated to reach 3.5 billion people by 2023.
Stats That Show The Rapid Increase In SMS Marketing
- According to these statistics, text messaging and smartphone usage aren’t going away anytime soon. It will continue to develop at a rapid rate through at least 2025. Mobile isn’t just a fad; it’s a force that’s here to stay.
- By 2025, the number of people who send and receive text messages will reach 6.3 billion worldwide.
- Texting is the primary mode of communication for 88 percent of people.
- By 2025, 68 per cent of the world’s population is expected to own a smartphone.
- In 2020, 4G became the world’s most popular mobile network technology, with an estimated 3 billion connections.
- By the end of 2025, the world is expected to have 1.2 billion 5G connections. The majority of them will come from China, the United States, Japan, and most of Europe, as these four countries are leading the world in the 5G rollout.
- High-speed networks will account for two-thirds of mobile connections by 2025.
- By 2025, researchers estimate that 5 billion people will send and receive SMS text messages.
- By 2025, it is estimated that 61 per cent of the world’s population will use their mobile phones to access the internet.
Sms-marketing: The Future of Today’s Business
- 45% of mobile users choose their brands after receiving an SMS. According to SMS marketing data, nearly half of all people would consider taking action if they received a text message.
- 60% of Buyers are more likely to open offer messages. Compared to communications notifying consumers about new items, confirmation, feedback, and so on, the click-through rate is over 10% higher.
- In 2020, text sign-ups for Attentive mobile customers increased by 63%.In 2020, most mobile companies had a more than 50% increase in registrations, with millions of people signed up, which showed text message marketing as a back burner for many businesses. This is an excellent opportunity for businesses to step up their game and capitalise on it.
- 70% of those aged 45 and under prefer to communicate with businesses via text. According to texting data by age, 75% of the age group prefers to communicate with businesses by SMS.
- Almost a third of customers prefer to make reservations by SMS. It’s no surprise that, according to SMS marketing data, over 50% of clients choose to employ this strategy
- Only 30% of customers receive SMS text messages from their favourite brands.
- Clients respond to brand messaging in 20.5% of cases. If you add your company name in your mails, nearly half of your potential clients will respond.
- By 2023, the number of SMS subscribers could reach 8 billion. SMS will continue to grow in popularity in the marketing world in the coming years. By 2023, there will be a total of 9.98 billion subscribers.
Email vs. SMS Marketing
- Nearly 34% of customers prefer to make reservations via text message. It’s easier to send an SMS than to log into a website only to make or update a reservation.
- 9 out of 10 customers who sign up for an SMS loyalty programme see value for money. Bye-bye, loyalty cards; hello, loyalty text messages!
- In 2019, 23.98 million users opted in to receive SMS. In 2020, about 39 million customers elected to receive opt-in messages.
- Users are 5 times more likely to respond to text messages than emails.
- Women vote for tv shows and movies by SMS in 30% of cases. The ladies love voting on television. Brands can profit from putting more female-centric programming on the air to attract more female viewers.
- Consumers wish to contact help via texting in 26.60 percent of cases.
Automated SMS Marketing
A2P SMS is not 100% dependent on smartphones but yes smartphones fuel the additional growth since they support various apps. Also,
- 90 percent of firms that now use SMS for communications would advise their colleagues to use texting services such as Alienics.com.
- Interactive content, such as some SMS or MMS campaigns, converts 80% of the time, whereas passive content converts only 33%.
- As per data of 2107, 1.67 Trillion A2P SMS were sent per month.
- After initiating texting campaigns, 95 percent of businesses reported that they could engage with customers more effectively.
- As per 2021’s stats there were 36.3 Billion unique mobile subscribers in the world, so all the subscribers can send and receive A2P SMS.
Many other traditional marketing channels, such as email, are more expensive, have a smaller reach, and have a lower open and response rate than SMS marketing. Despite this, many businesses aren’t taking full advantage.
According to the most recent SMS marketing statistics, 74 per cent of customers believe firms aren’t texting them as much as they should be. Perhaps a lot of your competitors are doing the same thing. This means that a well-defined, consistent SMS marketing plan such as Alienics can provide you with an automatic competitive advantage.
So, what do you have to lose?
Take advantage of SMS marketing right now!